Once in a while, I think it’s healthy for us human beings to take a step back from our busy lives, and pause and take a look at yourself. And what better time to do is the start of the new year!?
“No one can love you until you love yourself.”
When I say that you need to love yourself, I’m not referring to the stuck-up, prideful, worldly type of loving oneself (also known as self-worship); I’m talking about a concept of being thankful, and appreciating the person who God has made in you. The worldly type of loving yourself is where you are stuck up, prideful and arrogant, whereas this type of loving yourself is based upon humility and thankfulness. The two could not be more different! Reflecting on yourself is essential to what I think a “healthy lifestyle” looks like. So here are something’s I found that I really like about myself!
1. I love how indecisive I am.
2. I love my constant crave for adventure and spontaneity.
3. I love how easily in love I become with a person, place or idea.
4. I love how I’m happy about who I am at this moment.
5. I love my brown eyes and how they look like pennies in the sun.
6. I love my dimples.
7. I love being 5’1.
8. I love how I forgive so easily.
9. I love that I can take a weekend and stay inside and be alone and in peace with myself.
10. I love how social I’ve become over the years.
11. I love the little random curls in my hair.
12. I love being tan 24/7.
13. I love my desire to be better.
14. I love my dependence on a God I know has so much for me in this life and beyond.
Feel free to share in a comment or your own post about what you love about yourself! Would LOVE to see what everyone loves about themselves.
This post was inspired by one of my new favorite blogs I read Behind The Scenes!